* To establish and maintain a museum for the inspiration, remembrance, and historical preservation of Alaskan veterans' memoriesWith our online itinerary creator, Anchorage attractions like Alaska Veterans Museum can be center stage of your vacation plans, and you can find out about other attractions like it, unlike it, near it, and miles away.
* To educate the general publish through the collection, presentation, and exhibition of artifacts, personal accounts, and historical facts relating to the history of our Alaskan veterans
* Conduct membership drive and fundraising events
* Recruit volunteers to work on AVM activities
* Organize an oral history program to preserve the memories of Alaskan veterans
* Develop a web page for information, fundraising, and recruitment of members and volunteers
* Purchase computer audio/video hardware and software to enable historical collection process
Alaska Veterans Museum reviews
Found this excellent little museum by accident while exploring the streets of Anchorage on our last day in Alaska after a cruise,just over a week ago.packed full of interesting artefacts,this museum..... more »
If you’re interested in the military history of Alaska this is a must. Almost all of the displays were donated by veterans. The displays range from the Civil War to the present. The day we were... more »
Small place but it was good. We leaned a lot from there also the gentleman was nice.
Great place! Curator was very friendly and knowledgeable!
Plan your trip to Anchorage
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Anchorage
Trails in Anchorage
Hidden gems in Anchorage
Nature in Anchorage
Side trips from Anchorage
Nearby attractions in Anchorage
Trips to Alaska Veterans Museum by other users
60 days in Anchorage BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Chester Creek Greenbelt Lake Spenard MotoQuest 30 days in Anchorage & Utica BY A USER FROM SOUTH KOREA Anchorage Utica 60 days in Anchorage BY A USER FROM CANADA Anchorage 52 days in Anchorage BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Anchorage 31 days in Anchorage BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Willawaw Nature Trail Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Girdwood Brewing Company 36 days in Anchorage BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Fresh Spring Water at Mile 109 Potter Marsh Bird Sanctuary Tony Knowles Coastal Trail