This is the official Facebook page for Salt Fork State Park.Before you head to Cambridge, plan trip itinerary details with our user-friendly Cambridge online sightseeing planner, to make sure you see all that Cambridge has to offer, including Salt Fork State Park.
- Campground has 212 sites with electricity
- Each site has a 50-amp electric hookup
- 20 full-service campsites offer sewer and water hookups as well
- Reservations accepted up to 6 months in advance at 1-866-644-6727
- Heated shower houses, flush toilets, dump station, a separate beach, boat launching and docking facilities for campers
- 4 sites are wheelchair accessible
- Group camp (organized groups only) and horseman's camp are available
- Pets are permitted on all campsites
A separate Campground for those looking for Non-electric
- 24 tent only, rustic sites in 5 different areas
- Fire ring provided for each site, picnic tables are communal
- Pit latrines and water fountains near each area
- Carry-in, Carry-out trash (dumpsters nearby)
- All regular camp facilities are available to primitive campers: showerhouses, camp beach access, boat launch and docks and laundry facilities.
---Golden Buckeye discount available---
50% off Monday-Thursday nights, 10% off Friday and Saturday nights.
Can only use 1 card per site. Holder of card must occupy the site that is discounted. Holder of card must be present with their card to check-in for the site.
- 18-hole golf course
- Golf pro shop
- Snack bar
- Driving range
- Practice putting green
- Tee time reservations are recommended and can be made online, or by calling 740-432-7185
- Pavilion is available by reservation for outings
- Salt Fork Lodge, scenically overlooking the lake, has 148 guest rooms.
- Lodge features include a dining room, coffee shop, snack bar, gift shop, lounge and lobby areas, indoor game area and meeting rooms accommodating up to 450 people.
- Lodge and cottage guests can enjoy indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna, the tennis, volleyball, basketball, and shuffleboard courts, 400-foot swimming beach, as well as boat launching and docking facilities
- 37 two-bedroom vacation cottages in hillside and lakeside locations offer fully furnished living and dining areas, kitchen equipped with cooking and eating utensils, bath with shower, and screened porch.
- 17 chalet cottages also feature gas log fireplaces and hot tubs.
- All cottages are available year-round.
- Pets are permitted in select cottages, call 800-282-7275 for details
- Sizable populations of large-mouth bass, crappies, bluegills, walleyes and muskellunge are present.
- Fishing is particularly good in the many embankment areas, and along the artificial reef on the north branch of the lake.
- An ODNR Division of Wildlife office is located near the main park entrance
Valid Ohio fishing license is required
- 2,500-foot beach is one of the largest inland beaches in Ohio
- Nature center open at beach seasonally
- Restrooms with flush toilets available, snack bar open seasonally, outdoor rinse-off showers available
-Concession and Miniature golf open Friday, Sat. Sun, Noon-7pm
- Check for water quality advisories
- 14 hiking trails
Valley Brook Loop Trail • 0.3 Miles • Moderate
Archery Trail • 1 Mile • Moderate
Shadbush Trail • 2 Miles • Moderate
Gunn's Glen Trail • 2 Miles • Moderate
Deer Run Trail • 1.5 Miles • Moderate
Overlook Trail • 0.1 Miles • Paved-Easy
Sunshine Brook Nature Trail • 0.7 Miles • Moderate
Forest Crest Nature Trail • 0.3 Miles • Paved-Easy
Beach Point Trail • 1 Mile • Moderate
Stone House Loop Trail • 1.8 Miles • Moderate
Morgans Knob Loop Trail • 0.8 Miles • Moderate
Pine Crest Loop Trail • 1 Mile • Moderate
Hosak's Cave Trail • 0.5 Miles • Moderate
- Snowmobile • 19 Miles • Moderate
- Bridle • 50 Miles over 5 trails• Moderate
Reserve Shelters online
- 9 picnic areas with tables and grills available in scenic locations around the lake
- Wheelchair accessible picnic area with hard surfaced paths and accessible latrines, parking and tables is located off Park Road 1
- 2 shelters can be reserved online or by calling 866-644-6727
Beach I • 24' x 32' open building • Paved site with 100+ parking spaces •20 amp electric with 12 outlets •8 picnic tables • Group grill • Near modern restroom water supply, beach, lake, nature center
Beach II • 24' x 32' open building • Paved site with 100+ parking spaces •20 amp electric with 12 outlets •8 picnic tables • Group grill • Near modern restroom water supply, beach, lake, nature center
- Boats with unlimited horsepower are permitted on the 2,952-acre lake
- Combined speed/ski zones are marked by buoys
- There are 10 boat launching ramps on the lake
- Boaters may camp on their boats in no-wake zones within fifty yards of shore
- Swimming from boats is permitted in designated areas only
-An Ohio Division of Watercraft office is located in the park administrative office.
- 2 marinas include 469 rental docks, comfort stations, gasoline fuel stations, parking facilities, concession areas and a variety of rental boats
-Salt Fork Marina concession/fuel sales open seasonally Thursday and Monday, noon-600pm. Friday, noon-8pm, Saturday 8am -8pm and Sunday 8am - 6pm
Winter Recreation (conditions permitting)
- Cross country skiing
- Ice skating
- Ice fishing
- Ice boating
- Hunting is permitted on designated areas. Approximately 12,000 acres of the park are open to hunting.
- Check-in with the park staff for delineation of these areas
- Cottontail rabbit, gray and fox squirrels, deer, grouse, quail, woodchuck, raccoon, mink, muskrat, beaver, wild turkey and waterfowl are abundant
- An ODNR Division of Wildlife office is located near the main park entrance
- Valid Ohio hunting license is required
More To Do
- A miniature golf course is offered at the beach, near the park's nature center
- Basketball courts are located at the beach and near the park office
- Playgrounds are located in the campground and at the beach
- Kennedy Stone House offers a look back to 1837
- Nature center offers nature programs during the summer months
Facebook Posting Guidelines for this Page:
We encourage free discussion about Salt Fork State Park on this fan page. In effort to ensure that discussion is productive, we shall moderate this forum and reserve the right to remove or block the following:
- Vulgar or offensive language
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic testing, or sexual orientation
- Content that advocates illegal activity
- Promotion of particular goods or services
- Content which supports or opposes political campaigns or ballot measures
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Salt Fork State Park reviews
It was my birthday and my husband treated me to a cabin in the woods in front of the lake. When we got there, a happy birthday sign was set up for me with cheese and crackers. I enjoyed the three nights we were there. The hotub was enjoyable and the kitchen and accessories were very nice. We roasted marshmallows and did a little fishing as well. Thank you for a wonderful birthday!
So beautiful. A really fun place to explore and wander around for the day if you want to stay close to home but also close to nature. Really enjoyed the beach and the water activities but also the hiking was so much fun just be careful!
Plan your trip to Cambridge
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Cambridge
Trips in Salt Fork State Park by other users
4 days in Lisbon BY A USER FROM SPAIN Museum of Ceramics Mountaineer Casino Franciscan University of Steubenville 1 day in Guernsey County BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Cambridge 2 days in Cambridge BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES The Wilds The National Museum of Cambridge Glass Salt Fork State Park 9 days in Southeast Ohio BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Portsmouth Marietta Logan 61 days in Ohio BY A USER FROM INDIA Sandusky Cleveland Youngstown 39 days in Southeast Ohio BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Loveland Logan Marietta