This is the official Facebook page for Salt Fork State Park.Before you head to Cambridge, plan trip itinerary details with our user-friendly Cambridge online sightseeing planner, to make sure you see all that Cambridge has to offer, including Salt Fork State Park.
- Campground has 212 sites with electricity
- Each site has a 50-amp electric hookup
- 20 full-service campsites offer sewer and water hookups as well
- Reservations accepted up to 6 months in advance at 1-866-644-6727
- Heated shower houses, flush toilets, dump station, a separate beach, boat launching and docking facilities for campers
- 4 sites are wheelchair accessible
- Group camp (organized groups only) and horseman's camp are available
- Pets are permitted on all campsites
A separate Campground for those looking for Non-electric
- 24 tent only, rustic sites in 5 different areas
- Fire ring provided for each site, picnic tables are communal
- Pit latrines and water fountains near each area
- Carry-in, Carry-out trash (dumpsters nearby)
- All regular camp facilities are available to primitive campers: showerhouses, camp beach access, boat launch and docks and laundry facilities.
---Golden Buckeye discount available---
50% off Monday-Thursday nights, 10% off Friday and Saturday nights.
Can only use 1 card per site. Holder of card must occupy the site that is discounted. Holder of card must be present with their card to check-in for the site.
- 18-hole golf course
- Golf pro shop
- Snack bar
- Driving range
- Practice putting green
- Tee time reservations are recommended and can be made online, or by calling 740-432-7185
- Pavilion is available by reservation for outings
- Salt Fork Lodge, scenically overlooking the lake, has 148 guest rooms.
- Lodge features include a dining room, coffee shop, snack bar, gift shop, lounge and lobby areas, indoor game area and meeting rooms accommodating up to 450 people.
- Lodge and cottage guests can enjoy indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna, the tennis, volleyball, basketball, and shuffleboard courts, 400-foot swimming beach, as well as boat launching and docking facilities
- 37 two-bedroom vacation cottages in hillside and lakeside locations offer fully furnished living and dining areas, kitchen equipped with cooking and eating utensils, bath with shower, and screened porch.
- 17 chalet cottages also feature gas log fireplaces and hot tubs.
- All cottages are available year-round.
- Pets are permitted in select cottages, call 800-282-7275 for details
- Sizable populations of large-mouth bass, crappies, bluegills, walleyes and muskellunge are present.
- Fishing is particularly good in the many embankment areas, and along the artificial reef on the north branch of the lake.
- An ODNR Division of Wildlife office is located near the main park entrance
Valid Ohio fishing license is required
- 2,500-foot beach is one of the largest inland beaches in Ohio
- Nature center open at beach seasonally
- Restrooms with flush toilets available, snack bar open seasonally, outdoor rinse-off showers available
-Concession and Miniature golf open Friday, Sat. Sun, Noon-7pm
- Check for water quality advisories
- 14 hiking trails
Valley Brook Loop Trail • 0.3 Miles • Moderate
Archery Trail • 1 Mile • Moderate
Shadbush Trail • 2 Miles • Moderate
Gunn's Glen Trail • 2 Miles • Moderate
Deer Run Trail • 1.5 Miles • Moderate
Overlook Trail • 0.1 Miles • Paved-Easy
Sunshine Brook Nature Trail • 0.7 Miles • Moderate
Forest Crest Nature Trail • 0.3 Miles • Paved-Easy
Beach Point Trail • 1 Mile • Moderate
Stone House Loop Trail • 1.8 Miles • Moderate
Morgans Knob Loop Trail • 0.8 Miles • Moderate
Pine Crest Loop Trail • 1 Mile • Moderate
Hosak's Cave Trail • 0.5 Miles • Moderate
- Snowmobile • 19 Miles • Moderate
- Bridle • 50 Miles over 5 trails• Moderate
Reserve Shelters online
- 9 picnic areas with tables and grills available in scenic locations around the lake
- Wheelchair accessible picnic area with hard surfaced paths and accessible latrines, parking and tables is located off Park Road 1
- 2 shelters can be reserved online or by calling 866-644-6727
Beach I • 24' x 32' open building • Paved site with 100+ parking spaces •20 amp electric with 12 outlets •8 picnic tables • Group grill • Near modern restroom water supply, beach, lake, nature center
Beach II • 24' x 32' open building • Paved site with 100+ parking spaces •20 amp electric with 12 outlets •8 picnic tables • Group grill • Near modern restroom water supply, beach, lake, nature center
- Boats with unlimited horsepower are permitted on the 2,952-acre lake
- Combined speed/ski zones are marked by buoys
- There are 10 boat launching ramps on the lake
- Boaters may camp on their boats in no-wake zones within fifty yards of shore
- Swimming from boats is permitted in designated areas only
-An Ohio Division of Watercraft office is located in the park administrative office.
- 2 marinas include 469 rental docks, comfort stations, gasoline fuel stations, parking facilities, concession areas and a variety of rental boats
-Salt Fork Marina concession/fuel sales open seasonally Thursday and Monday, noon-600pm. Friday, noon-8pm, Saturday 8am -8pm and Sunday 8am - 6pm
Winter Recreation (conditions permitting)
- Cross country skiing
- Ice skating
- Ice fishing
- Ice boating
- Hunting is permitted on designated areas. Approximately 12,000 acres of the park are open to hunting.
- Check-in with the park staff for delineation of these areas
- Cottontail rabbit, gray and fox squirrels, deer, grouse, quail, woodchuck, raccoon, mink, muskrat, beaver, wild turkey and waterfowl are abundant
- An ODNR Division of Wildlife office is located near the main park entrance
- Valid Ohio hunting license is required
More To Do
- A miniature golf course is offered at the beach, near the park's nature center
- Basketball courts are located at the beach and near the park office
- Playgrounds are located in the campground and at the beach
- Kennedy Stone House offers a look back to 1837
- Nature center offers nature programs during the summer months
Facebook Posting Guidelines for this Page:
We encourage free discussion about Salt Fork State Park on this fan page. In effort to ensure that discussion is productive, we shall moderate this forum and reserve the right to remove or block the following:
- Vulgar or offensive language
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic testing, or sexual orientation
- Content that advocates illegal activity
- Promotion of particular goods or services
- Content which supports or opposes political campaigns or ballot measures
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
Salt Fork State Park reviews
My wife, two daughters, and I recently returned from our second stay in a chalet cabin. Everything was great! The cabin was nice and clean, the girls loved the bunk beds, and we all thought the hot... more »
My husband and I were there in October 2020 and we had a great weekend. We stayed in a king room in the lodge and were pleasantly surprised by how roomy it was. It also came with a fridge and a... more »
While I always enjoy camping at our beautiful Ohio State Parks, I think Salt Fork State Park is exceptional. The campground is well kept, the other campers were all courteous, and the staff was very helpful. We also enjoyed kayaking on the lake. We were fortunate that the lilies were in full bloom, and we saw lots of wildlife - including a bald eagle!
Awesome park. Huge! Ton's of places to fish and lots to see. They have camping accomodations for large RVs all the way down to primitive tent sites. There is a outdoor swimming pool or you can even cool down at one of the two beaches. Ton's of trails that seem to go on forever through the beautiful forest. So much to do it's impossible to see everything just going one day. Even the staff in the camping office were polite and we're very informative. All In all, one of the best parks I've been to.
Plan your trip to Cambridge
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Cambridge
Trips to Salt Fork State Park by other users
8 days in Cambridge & Fort Myers Beach BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Cambridge · Fort Myers Beach 10 days in El Paso & Southeast Ohio BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES El Paso · Logan 12 days in Newark BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES The WORKS MUSEUM · World's Largest Basket · Blackhand Gorge State Nature Preserve 31 days in Youngstown & Canton BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Youngstown · Canton 20 days in Southeast Ohio BY A USER FROM AUSTRIA Loveland · Portsmouth · Logan 6 days in Southeast Ohio BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Logan · Cambridge