WomanCraft was founded by a handful of local women 41 years ago and continues to carry on the tradition of being owned & operated by local artists. Our co-op currently has 34 member artists working together, providing additional space for more than 40 local men & women artisans. You can purchase each artists fine handcrafted creations at our new location on Main Street in Carrboro.Start your trip to Carrboro by creating a personalized itinerary on Inspirock.
The men & women of WomanCraft lovingly create the perfect gifts with an eye for detail & a flair for the unique. We have whimsical, elegant, and functional gifts, everything from the newborn to the eldest on your list.
• Try on handcrafted jewelry, hold a piece of pottery, imagine a painting on your wall or stained glass hanging in your window.
• Check out our extensive selection of items by fabric artists, including tablet covers, purses, quilts, placemats, and more.
• Discover baskets crafted of fabric or woven with pine needles.
• Choose the perfect baby or child’s gift from our array of wood items, clothing, toys and quilts.
• Enjoy scarves of hand-dyed silk, vibrant yarns and loom woven shawls.
• Taste a sample of our favorite local treat, Chapel Hill Toffee, made by a member from a family recipe.
Chat with the artisans on duty in the shop. We are happy to share insight about particular artists and their process of crafting a piece. Personalized gifts and special orders are welcome.
WomanCraft is the destination for locally handcrafted items sure to delight everyone. Your purchases will not only be something you or your loved one will cherish, but also helps support 70+ artisans that have an abundant talent and love of their craft.
Find that perfect gift & support our local artists!
Womancraft Gifts reviews
What a great shop! Wonderful hand made gifts for anyone on your list. I bought the cutest little apron when I visited there. The prices are reasonable and the ladies at the counter are delightful.
What a great shop! Wonderful hand made gifts for anyone on your list. I bought the cutest little apron when I visited there. The prices are reasonable and the ladies at the counter are delightful. more »
Loved this shop with the collection of local art by women. Lots of pottery, woodwork, cards, and artwork. Very nice shop!
Loved this shop with the collection of local art by women. Lots of pottery, woodwork, cards, and artwork. Very nice shop! more »
Love the store. Local NC artists co-op. Lots of gift selections from paintings to textiles to pottery etc. definitely worth a stop
I'm always interested in locally created artwork and crafts, and was delighted to find this wonderful shop next to the Hampton Inn where I was staying. I found gifts for several friends at WomanCraft Gifts, plus a thing or two for myself! Great variety, marvelous quality, and a great location too.
Plan your trip to Carrboro
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Carrboro
Trips in Womancraft Gifts by other users
15 days in Raleigh BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA North Carolina Museum of History Marbles Kids Museum Pullen Park 5 days in Chapel Hill BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Downtown Chapel Hill Womancraft Gifts The Carolina Basketball Museum 13 days in Burlington BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Granddaddy's Antique Mall Cedarock Park Haw River Trail & Paddle Trail 6 days in Cary BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Falls Lake State Recreation Area Chatham Hill Winery Fred G. Bond Metro Park 2 days in Chapel Hill BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES The Carolina Basketball Museum Dean E. Smith Center Downtown Chapel Hill 19 days in Raleigh, Durham & The Triangle BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Durham Wilson