SAVE OUR MARSHPut Edmonds Marsh and other Edmonds attractions into our Edmonds trip builder app, and watch your holiday take shape.
Concerned citizens of Edmonds formed the “Save Our Marsh” group to prevent continued degradation of the Edmonds Marsh and to restore and enhance its ecological functions.
Our vision is to have a healthy, functioning saltwater marsh freely connected to Puget Sound that can again support migrating salmon and provide juvenile rearing habitat to help in the recovery and delisting of Chinook salmon from the Federal Endangered Species Act.
Our vision includes having the Edmonds Marsh surrounded by dense native shrubs and trees that extend far enough landward from the marsh to support diverse and abundant species of birds and other wildlife. A properly functioning Edmonds Marsh will also contribute to the health of Puget Sound.The Edmonds Marsh is a rare urban saltwater marsh that provides essential habitat for numerous birds and wildlife.
Save Our Marsh members want it preserved for its ecological, educational, cultural, and scientific values, and for the enjoyment of present and future generations. To do this, we will:
1. Prevent development from encroaching further on the Marsh by strengthening the Edmonds City Development Code to preserve and enhance the Marsh, and revising the Municipal Code to designate the Edmonds Marsh as a wildlife sanctuary.
2. Restore and enhance the Marsh, including undeveloped historic marsh lands, to more natural ecological conditions. This includes the completion of the “Willow Creek Daylighting Project” to allow salmon access to the Marsh and unimpeded tidal exchange with Puget Sound.
3. Foster use of “Best Available Science" in all decisions and actions that affect the Marsh. Environmental science tells us that a 110 to 300-foot buffer is required to ensure long-term ecological viability, and that the buffer should be densely vegetated with native plants.
4. Improve water and sediment quality in the Marsh to enable the return of healthy salmon runs and contribute to the health and recovery of Puget Sound.
5. Promote the use of the Marsh and adjacent areas for educational, cultural, and scientific programs; birdwatching and wildlife viewing; and environmental outreach.
Save Our Marsh members will advocate for and be the human voice for this unique estuarine wetland and its wildlife. We will engage the City (whose citizens own the Marsh), owners of adjacent property, governing entities, elected officials, and the community in our efforts to preserve and enhance the Edmonds Marsh.
For further information, contact us at: Save.the.Edmonds.Marsh@gmail.com
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Edmonds Marsh reviews
Edmonds Marsh is a small park and wetland tucked behind a business park near the Edmonds waterfront. The few interpretive signs are interesting and informative. It is a little hard to find and has a..... more
Edmonds Marsh is a small park and wetland tucked behind a business park near the Edmonds waterfront. The few interpretive signs are interesting and informative. It is a little hard to find and has a..... more »
We enjoyed seeing this side of Edmonds. Thankfully there are still 22.5 acres set aside for the wildlife in the area. We saw some species of birds we had not personally seen before. It was a little...
We enjoyed seeing this side of Edmonds. Thankfully there are still 22.5 acres set aside for the wildlife in the area. We saw some species of birds we had not personally seen before. It was a little... more »
I fell in love with this Marsh. I honestly never cared for any Marsh until here. I could just sit here alone for hours. So peaceful.
Gorgeous views. Fun swinging benches.
Plan your trip to Edmonds
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Edmonds
Kid-friendly things to do in Edmonds
Side trips from Edmonds
Hidden gems in Edmonds
Nearby attractions in Edmonds
Museums in Edmonds
Trips in Edmonds Marsh by other users
31 days in Seattle BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Puget Sound Express Marina Beach Park Green Lake Park 31 days in Seattle BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Puget Sound Express Marina Beach Park Green Lake Park 33 days in Seattle & Denver BY A USER FROM FRANCE Seattle Denver 36 days in Seattle & New York City BY A USER FROM THE NETHERLANDS Seattle New York City 32 days in Seattle BY A USER FROM PUERTO RICO Seattle Center Chihuly Garden and Glass Space Needle 27 days in Seattle BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Olympic Sculpture Park Space Needle Chihuly Garden and Glass