Since 1903, customers have associated excellence in quality with the Pulakos name whether with our former restaurant, old fashioned soda fountain, bakery or our present-day candy stores.See Pulakos Chocolates and all Erie has to offer by arranging your trip with our Erie trip planner.
Over the years, Pulakos customers have come to expect the flavor of our specially-blended chocolate, a recipe handed down for four generations. We use only the freshest fruits and nuts, the best tasting flavors and utmost care in our kitchen.
History of Pulakos 926 Chocolates, Restaurant, Bakery, and Ice Cream
• 1889 - Pulakos Candies started in Philadelphia with founder George P. Pulakos selling candies made in his home and sold by a push cart.
• 1903 - Settled in Erie and opened his first store at 1108 State Street and then moved to 825 State Street
• 1916 - Pulakos moved into the renowned 926 State Street where the trademark Pulakos 926 Chocolates derives from.
• 1917 - Pulakos became Incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania
• 1903-1971 - Pulakos operated 926 State Street making candies, home made ice creams, bakery items, and a restaurant.
• 1964 - Ice Cream business was discontinued along with the restaurant and bakery due to impending redevelopment & ensuing condemnation.
• 1971 - In May candy operation was moved to 26th & Parade Street location.
• 1999 - George A. Pulakos, President and fourth generation of Pulakos, Inc. decided to reopen the ice cream business with a full serve ice cream store located at the West 26th and Elmwood location
• 2009 – Local entrepreneur, Joseph M. Hilbert, purchases Pulakos with the goal of preserving the company's strong traditions and ensuring its viability for new generations of candy and chocolate lovers
• 2010 – Several new flavors/items/chocolates are introduced as well as older recipes that have helped make Pulakos an Erie tradition
2530 Parade Street
(E. 26th St. & Parade St.)
Erie, PA 16503
Toll Free: 1-800-627-0926
Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Millcreek Mall Plaza
(Outside - Near TJ Maxx and Starbucks)
Erie, PA 16509
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Sunday: Noon to 6:00 PM
Pulakos Chocolates reviews
This is a very special place in Candy history as few people outside Erie do not know their history. I was born and raised in Erie and there were many candy stores there to select from for our soda... more »
my 11 year old son loves chocolate, so we always stop at chocolate shops whenever we visit a new town. The dark chocolate here was some of the best we've tried; ever better than we has in Belgium... more »
We just did a very impromptu tour (with our 6 year old), that was great! Very cool to get a glimpse into the behind the scenes of the chocolate factory, learn some history, and tidbits about the current trends in chocolate -- The vintage 100 year old+ machinery used to make these goodies was fascinating. The chocolate itself is wonderful - The chocolate covered pretzels are the best we've had. We left with some moulded milk chocolate, a sampler to share with our family, and some of the founders original creations. The staff were all very friendly and kind - we would definitely stop in again!
I didn't go to Pulakos for chocolate. I actually went to pick up fruit slices. They're still quite good and reasonably priced!
Plan your trip to Erie
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Erie
Side trips from Erie
Hidden gems in Erie
Nearby attractions in Erie
Museums in Erie
Kid-friendly things to do in Erie
Trips to Pulakos Chocolates by other users
8 days in Erie BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES 9/11 Memorial Perry Monument Presque Isle State Park 39 days in Erie BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Perry Monument Presque Isle State Park Presque Isle Lighthouse 5 days in Erie BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Pulakos Chocolates Tom Ridge Environmental Center Presque Isle State Park 7 days in North Carolina, Virginia Beach & Erie BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Raleigh Corolla Virginia Beach 3 days in Erie & Hagerstown BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Erie Hagerstown 60 days in Pennsylvania BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Erie Pittsburgh Ligonier