This Page is the official Facebook Page for Greenwood Furnace, Whipple Dam, and Penn-Roosevelt State Parks.Add Greenwood Furnace State Park to your Huntingdon travel itinerary, and discover new vacation ideas by using our Huntingdon trip itinerary builder app.
Facebook Comment Policy:
We encourage the public to comment on this page and welcome all viewpoints. Comments should remain relevant to the topic at hand and participants must treat each other with respect.
We review the comments posted to our page on a regular basis and reserve the right to delete comments that contain the following:
• Profane and/or vulgar content;
• Sexually suggestive or harassing content;
• Obscene content;
• Nudity in a participant’s profile picture;
• Threats of physical or bodily harm;
• Defamatory statements;
• Disparaging language or hate speech targeting an individual’s race, color, religious creed, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, or disability;
• Commercial content promoting or soliciting service or products;
• Content promoting political organizations;
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks;
• Spam, such as the same comment posted repeatedly;
• Personally identifying, sensitive and/or private information;
• Language or content suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
• Information that could reasonably compromise public safety; and
• Other content that DCNR deems inappropriate.
We monitor this page but are not responsible for content generated by users. Comments and content posted on this page may be subject to public disclosure.
Communications posted on this page will not be construed as satisfying requirements for legal notice or service, shall not be considered official public comment, and shall not be construed as an official request for records pursuant to the Right-to-Know Law.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time. Continued use of this page following the posting of any modification signifies acceptance of such modification.
Greenwood Furnace State Park reviews
Great place o camp for hiking and biking the Rothrock trail system. Large tent camping sites with a lot of space between sites. Very clean showers (hot water) and toilets. Easy access to the state..... more »
This scenic park isn’t far the Raystown Lake area. That’s how we found it years ago. In the 1830’s the Greenwood furnaces were built due to the demand for iron ore which the area was rich in. The... more »
Great hiking area in the winter! Try the old rail cart line! Takes you past the cemetery and splits at the campground. The furnace area is impressive too and the history of the area also, along with the white sand on the beach! Not a huge beach so I'm sure it fills up quick in the summer months, but a nice area to have a picnic and let the kids play.
Great state park. Plenty of trails, well maintained. They offer educational courses and host a variety of events like a polar bear plunge, hiking groups, etc. Nice little lake to swim in, would not recommend kayaks since it's so small. Dog friendly and plenty of picnic areas and pavilions to enjoy a party or a cook out.
Plan your trip to Huntingdon
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Huntingdon
Trips to Greenwood Furnace State Park by other users
31 days in Hagerstown & Chambersburg BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Hagerstown · Chambersburg 31 days in Hagerstown & Chambersburg BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Hagerstown · Chambersburg 6 days in Central Pennsylvania BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Wellsboro · State College · Huntingdon 32 days in Pennsylvania BY A USER FROM PORTUGAL Pittsburgh · Mill Run · Erie 6 days in Huntingdon BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lincoln Caverns · DelGrosso's Amusement Park · Raystown Lake 4 days in Central Pennsylvania BY A USER FROM CANADA Centre Hall