Sugarloaf Ridge Park Features:By using our Kenwood trip itinerary website, you can arrange your visit to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park and other attractions in Kenwood.
1) Best views in the North Bay. From Bald Mountain’s 2,700-foot summit you can see San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Mt. St. Helena, Snow Mountain, and the Sierras.
2) A lovely seasonal waterfall on Canyon trail.
3) 25 miles of hiking trails. Everything from an easy 1-mile nature trail to a challenging 8.2-mile loop over Bald Mountain.
4) Great mountain biking and horseback riding trails.
5) Incredible diversity of landscape: Cool redwood forests, flower-filled meadows, and bird-rich chaparral.
6) The Robert Ferguson Observatory offers monthly “Star Parties” where the public can see the heavens through the observatory’s three large telescopes. (for info see www.rfo.org)
7) Family Campground with 47 sites. Now with hot showers!
8) Group Campground with room for 50.
9) Interpretive visitor center open on weekends.
10) Tranquil creek side picnic area.
11) Managed by Team Sugarloaf. Five local non-profits – working hard to keep your park open.
12) Fees: $8.00 day-use, $49.00 annual pass and $35.00 camping.
See you soon at the Headwaters to the North Bay and Gateway to the Stars!
Team Sugarloaf is a partnership of five non-profit organizations dedicated to the natural resources of Sonoma Valley and to providing access to the natural haven of 3,900 acres provided by Sugarloaf Ridge State Park: Sonoma Ecology Center (lead partner overseeing general operations), Valley of the Moon Natural History Association, Sonoma Trails Council, United Camps Conferences and Retreats, and the Robert Ferguson Observatory.
Create an itinerary including Sugarloaf Ridge State Park
Sugarloaf Ridge State Park reviews
We loved our hike...Vista to Grey to Bald...and back to the parking area. Such incredible 360 views. Many Sonoma vineyards, gorgeous green hilltops, Mt. Diablo, Mt. Tam and the tips of the Golden...
We loved our hike...Vista to Grey to Bald...and back to the parking area. Such incredible 360 views. Many Sonoma vineyards, gorgeous green hilltops, Mt. Diablo, Mt. Tam and the tips of the Golden... more »
In the Sonoma/Napa valley region. My maps app was saying they couldn’t give me a route as a road was closed but we were able to get there with little issue. No one was in the office but they left out.... more
In the Sonoma/Napa valley region. My maps app was saying they couldn’t give me a route as a road was closed but we were able to get there with little issue. No one was in the office but they left out.... more »
We were at the group campsite. Isolated and beautiful place where there are enough tables for 50 people at least. Two spots for tent beside the observatory lead by a wonderful team of volunteers (book a night there for your group). Plenty of trails. Kids rode their bikes. Showers with quarters, on the family campsite (use your car). Two portable toilets. A bit smelly, no compost nor recycle bin: my only complaint :)
Great camping. Super kid friendly and dogs are allowed but not off the paved roads which is a bummer. Super happy they allow dogs. The only downside was the bathrooms. Although updated, there were rings in the toilets indicating they had not been thoroughly cleaned in sometime.
Plan your trip to Kenwood
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Kenwood
Wineries in Kenwood
Side trips from Kenwood
Hidden gems in Kenwood
Museums in Kenwood
Spas in Kenwood
Trips in Sugarloaf Ridge State Park by other users
5 days in Sonoma BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Goosecross Cellars Simraceway Performance Driving Center Point Reyes Hiking Trails 2 days in Kenwood BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Goosecross Cellars Jack London State Historic Park Kunde Family Winery 60 days in San Francisco BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lyon Street Crissy Field Ghost & Vampire Tours 16 days in California BY A USER FROM SINGAPORE San Francisco Napa Bodega Bay 8 days in Rutherford BY A USER FROM UKRAINE VJB Cellars Sugarloaf Ridge State Park Swanson Vineyards Salon 22 days in Sacramento BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park Blue Line Arts California State Capitol Museum