TEMPORARILY CLOSED due to fire damage.By using our Kenwood trip itinerary website , you can arrange your visit to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park and other attractions in Kenwood.
Sugarloaf Ridge Park Features:
1) Best views in the North Bay. From Bald Mountain’s 2700-foot summit you can see San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Mt. St. Helena, Snow Mountain, and the Sierras.
2) A lovely seasonal waterfall on Canyon trail.
3) 25 miles of hiking trails. Everything from an easy 1-mile nature trail to a challenging 8.2-mile loop over Bald Mountain.
4) Great mountain biking and horseback riding trails.
5) Incredible diversity of landscape: Cool redwood forests, flower-filled meadows, and bird-rich chaparral.
6) The Robert Ferguson Observatory offers monthly “Star Parties” where the public can see the heavens through the observatory’s three large telescopes. (for info see www.rfo.org)
7) Family Campground with 47 sites. Now with hot showers!
8) Group Campground with room for 50.
9) Interpretive visitor center open on weekends.
10) Tranquil creek side picnic area.
11) Managed by Team Sugarloaf. Five local non-profits – working hard to keep your park open.
12) Fees: $8.00 day-use, $49.00 annual pass and $35.00 camping.
See you soon at the Headwaters to the North Bay and Gateway to the Stars.
Sonoma Ecology Center, Valley of the Moon Natural History Association, Sonoma Trails Council, United Camps Conferences and Retreats, and the Robert Ferguson Observatory.
Sugarloaf Ridge State Park Reviews
Beautiful park with many different trails and good maps and info at the start of each.Loved our hike and can’t wait to get back next year! Small fee ( honor system ) and good parking , some trail star... more »
Local here. My wife and I have visited this great little park over the years. Now with little one two less than three years old, it was another new experience. Get an annual pass if your are resonantl... more »
We enjoyed a great spring weekend in the park. We checked in at the visitor center, stayed in the campground and hiked the many trails around the ridge to Bald Mountain. It was a nice weekend outing and great to be enjoying some much needed sunshine. There is a lot to offer around in this area. From great food, wine tasting, hiking and camping. We enjoy coming to this area for the weekend.
This place is very beautiful and serene. Wear comfortable clothing and walking/hiking shoes. Bring your camera and be prepare to enjoy yourself. The waterfalls are hypnotic!
Plan your trip to Kenwood
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all >
Side trips from Kenwood
Wineries in Kenwood
Hidden gems in Kenwood
Shopping in Kenwood
Plans to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park by other users
3 days in Kenwood BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, hidden gems PREFERENCES: September ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 14 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, outdoors, romantic, beaches, historic sites, shopping, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: August, outdoors, romantic, beaches, historic sites, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 3 days in Rutherford BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, outdoors, popular sights PREFERENCES: July, outdoors ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 59 days in Sonoma County BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES June, culture, relaxing, historic sites, museums, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, culture, relaxing, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Oakville BY A USER FROM CANADA August, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, shopping, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: August, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 17 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, beaches, wildlife, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: November, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, beaches, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium