Sugarloaf Ridge Park Features:By using our Kenwood trip itinerary website, you can arrange your visit to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park and other attractions in Kenwood.
1) Best views in the North Bay. From Bald Mountain’s 2,700-foot summit you can see San Francisco, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Mt. St. Helena, Snow Mountain, and the Sierras.
2) A lovely seasonal waterfall on Canyon trail.
3) 25 miles of hiking trails. Everything from an easy 1-mile nature trail to a challenging 8.2-mile loop over Bald Mountain.
4) Great mountain biking and horseback riding trails.
5) Incredible diversity of landscape: Cool redwood forests, flower-filled meadows, and bird-rich chaparral.
6) The Robert Ferguson Observatory offers monthly “Star Parties” where the public can see the heavens through the observatory’s three large telescopes. (for info see www.rfo.org)
7) Family Campground with 47 sites. Now with hot showers!
8) Group Campground with room for 50.
9) Interpretive visitor center open on weekends.
10) Tranquil creek side picnic area.
11) Managed by Team Sugarloaf. Five local non-profits – working hard to keep your park open.
12) Fees: $8.00 day-use, $49.00 annual pass and $35.00 camping.
See you soon at the Headwaters to the North Bay and Gateway to the Stars!
Team Sugarloaf is a partnership of five non-profit organizations dedicated to the natural resources of Sonoma Valley and to providing access to the natural haven of 3,900 acres provided by Sugarloaf Ridge State Park: Sonoma Ecology Center (lead partner overseeing general operations), Valley of the Moon Natural History Association, Sonoma Trails Council, United Camps Conferences and Retreats, and the Robert Ferguson Observatory.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Sugarloaf Ridge State Park reviews
We loved our hike...Vista to Grey to Bald...and back to the parking area. Such incredible 360 views. Many Sonoma vineyards, gorgeous green hilltops, Mt. Diablo, Mt. Tam and the tips of the Golden...
We loved our hike...Vista to Grey to Bald...and back to the parking area. Such incredible 360 views. Many Sonoma vineyards, gorgeous green hilltops, Mt. Diablo, Mt. Tam and the tips of the Golden... more »
In the Sonoma/Napa valley region. My maps app was saying they couldn’t give me a route as a road was closed but we were able to get there with little issue. No one was in the office but they left out.... more
In the Sonoma/Napa valley region. My maps app was saying they couldn’t give me a route as a road was closed but we were able to get there with little issue. No one was in the office but they left out.... more »
Beautiful park. Went on the morning creekside nature walk led by Sue who was great with explaining all of the trees, plants and wildlife that live here. I saw quail, squirrels, woodpeckers, blue jays, robins, crows, deer, and a fox stroll through my campsite. There's also an observatory which has events here and there. Campsites on the right and in back as you drive across the bridge are well shaded. The others got full sun and it was 90 on the last weekend of September. Lots of trails and park is recovering well. Recommend hiking early in the day.
Such an amazing place! Clean and quiet(unless we’re there) made a new friend, Emily, one of the hosts, played hula hoop and flags with me! I think we found more family. Can’t wait to move in!
Plan your trip to Kenwood
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Kenwood
Side trips from Kenwood
Wineries in Kenwood
Hidden gems in Kenwood
Shopping in Kenwood
Spas in Kenwood
Trips in Sugarloaf Ridge State Park by other users
4 days in Kenwood BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Laurel Glen Vineyard Loxton Winery Sugarloaf Ridge State Park 5 days in Glen Ellen BY A USER FROM UKRAINE Jack London State Historic Park Loxton Winery Sonoma Valley Regional Park 6 days in Sacramento BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park Sacramento Historic City Cemetery William Land Park 8 days in Fairfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Fairfield 30 days in Sonoma County BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES Santa Rosa 38 days in California BY A USER FROM ISRAEL Santa Barbara Los Angeles Sacramento