Lānai is the sixth-largest of the Hawaiian Islands and the smallest publicly accessible inhabited island in the chain. It is also known as Pineapple Island because of its past as an island-wide pineapple plantation. The island's only settlement of note is the small town of Lānai City., the island was 97% owned by Larry Ellison (Founder and Chairman of Oracle), with the remaining 3% owned by the state of Hawaii.To visit Trilogy Lana'i on your holiday in Lanai City, and find out what else Lanai City has to offer, use our Lanai City.
Lānai is a roughly comma-shaped island with a width of 18mi in the longest direction. The land area is 140.5sqmi, making it the 42nd largest island in the United States. It is separated from the island of Molokai by the Kalohi Channel to the north, and from Maui by the Hawaiian islands Channel to the east. The United States Census Bureau defines Lānai as Census Tract 316 of Maui County. Its total population shrank from 3,193 as of the 2000 census to 3,102. Many of the island's landmarks are accessible only by dirt roads that require a four-wheel drive vehicle.
There is one school, Lanai High and Elementary School, serving the entire island from kindergarten through 12th grade. There is also one hospital, Lanai Community Hospital, with 24 beds, and a community health center providing primary care, dental, behavioral health and selected specialty services in Lanai City. There are no traffic lights on the island.
Create an itinerary including Trilogy Lana'i
Trilogy Lana'i reviews
Trilogy and her crew provided an awesome day-long experience! From an excellent breakfast to a beautiful cruise and the best snorkeling we’ve ever experienced! Lunch was phenomenal as well. On top.... more »
This day trip was the highlight of my week in Maui. The accommodations are excellent, clean, well maintained. We sailed out of Lahaina with the best cinnamon rolls (grandma's recipe, really) and... more »
Very unspoiled Island much less developed than the other big islands of Hawaii.
Very laid back old school Aloha spirit. I recommend anyone to visit if you're looking to get away from the city. No stop lights , close knit family community.
Plan your trip to Lanai City
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Lanai City
Side trips from Lanai City
Hidden gems in Lanai City
Nearby attractions in Lanai City
Museums in Lanai City
Trips to Trilogy Lana'i by other users
9 days in Lanai BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lanai City 31 days in Hawaii BY A USER FROM DENMARK Hanalei Lahaina Lanai City 4 days in Lanai BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lanai City 19 days in Hawaii BY A USER FROM CANADA Hilo Kailua-Kona Lihue 17 days in California & Hawaii BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES San Francisco Carmel Big Sur 8 days in Lanai City BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Trilogy Lana'i Off-Road & ATV Trails Spas