Top 10 Reasons to use Blue Grass ToursWith our world travel planner, Lexington attractions like Blue Grass Tours can be center stage of your vacation plans, and you can find out about other attractions like it, unlike it, near it, and miles away.
1. The Original - Blue Grass Tours is the largest and oldest family-owned-and- operated Tour Company in Central Kentucky. Started in 1978 by former UK Basketball star Wa Wa Jones, we specialize in horse farm tours, bourbon distillery tours, wine and vineyard tours, Kentucky Derby tours and so much more. Because we’re family, you’re family.
2. Personal Service – Our tour directors are dedicated to making your wishes come true. They help you plan every aspect of your event, whether it involves you and your loved ones, or your 1,576 person convention. Our experience takes the load off your back, so you can enjoy Lexington.
3. Daily Tours - The 14 passenger coaches we use for daily tours are equipped with microphones so you won’t miss a single word. They have large doors and windows that provide a great view, with comfortable seating for everyone. No boxy maxi-vans here. Our Daily Tour is the best $35 you’ll ever spend on sightseeing!
4. Certification - Our tour guides are Certified Tour Ambassadors. What does that mean? It means an intensive study course, testing and certification in Kentucky history and attractions. With an emphasis on hospitality and culture, Blue Grass Tours knows Kentucky and we know hospitality. Look for the CTA pin that your driver or guide proudly wears.
5. Group Travel and Transportation - Large groups travel in comfort and style aboard our state-of-the-art deluxe custom coaches. Enjoy features like easy-boarding entryways, scenery-sized windows, Wi-Fi connections, on-board entertainment system, and a smooth riding suspension.
6. Private Tours - Step behind-the-gates of notable Thoroughbred Horse Farms with our private and personal tours. We do it all - Horse Farms, Wineries, Distilleries, or Horse Races. Ask us about Goat Cheese! Tell us what you want to see, and we’ll plan a custom tour for you or your group, large or small.
7. Bourbon - We do the driving, you do the drinking! Sample Kentucky Bourbon, America’s Office Native Spirit on our Horses, Hooch & History Tour or the Bourbon & Bluegrass Tour. Or let us help you plan your own Bourbon Trail tour. You’ll appreciate your Kentucky Proud lunch at a locally owned and operated restaurant – No chain restaurants for our clients.
8. Charity - You can help us give back to our community. Every time you ride with us to visit a horse farm, we make a donation to the farm’s favorite charity. No cost to you, just feel good!
9. Team Transportation - Blue Grass Tours has a long-standing connection to the University of Kentucky and other state Universities. Our inspirational leader, Wallace “Wah Wah” Jones, is a Kentucky Basketball Legend. Together with his son, Wallace “Wah” Jones, Blue Grass Tours began transporting the UK sports teams to games in the late 70’s and today, it’s still a tradition we are very proud of. Watch for the Big Blue Busses! That’s Us!
10. Kentucky Derby - If the Kentucky Derby is on your bucket list, forget buying tickets, making reservations, traffic congestion, parking struggles and directions to Churchill Downs. In 2012 over 160k people attended the Derby. Forget your troubles; Blue Grass Tours Kentucky Derby Packages will get you there in comfort and style. We guarantee you’ll have fun along the way and we’ll get you safely home. You can enjoy yourself and you don’t have to plan a thing except what you’re going to wear! We even give you the inside scoop on placing a bet. (We can help find an appropriate Derby Hat for the Ladies!)
Blue Grass Tours Reviews
Both Deanna, who helped me organize and book the tour, and Mike, our tour guide/driver, were exceptionally friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. I booked a private/custom tour for 11 people that inc... more »
Melanie Turner, our tour driver and guide cold not have been more pleasant, helpful and informative. She has a beautiful demeanor and personality. Laura, in the office set this up for us as one was no... more »
Moved here from Miami and took this tour. John the guide was absolutely amazing. A wide breadth of knowledge. My parents and I rapid fired questions his way and he answered them all, with little snippets of KY horse history thrown in the mix. Visiting Keeneland was amazing, and I sure can’t wait for it to open! If you are visiting from out of town, this is something you absolutely must do. Big shout out to John and the staff of Bluegrass tours for making mine and my parents day!
I am in the Mobile Repair Inc. business. I repair big trucks , busses & some heavy equipment within a hundred or so miles of Bham. Al. Driver named Bill broke down in Marion Al. Sometimes I think I would do the repairs at no charge just for the experience of meeting and hanging out with Bill. And the busses are extremely taken care of. Thanks for the business and for the quality of your employees. Mike West Mobile Repair Inc.
Plan your trip to Lexington
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all >
Side trips from Lexington
Hidden gems in Lexington
Breweries & Distilleries in Lexington
Parks in Lexington
Nearby attractions in Lexington
Plans to Blue Grass Tours by other users
4 days in Lexington BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES October, slow & easy, popular sights PREFERENCES: October ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Slow & easy 4 days in Lexington BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES October, slow & easy, popular sights PREFERENCES: October ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Slow & easy 8 days in Kentucky BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES May, outdoors, historic sites, popular sights PREFERENCES: May, outdoors, historic sites ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 4 days in Louisville BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, popular sights PREFERENCES: September ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Lexington BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES June, teens, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, teens ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium