THE CHRISTMAS CAVE: A Christmas light spectacular!Plan to see White Gravel Mines and other attractions that appeal to you using our Minford road trip planning site.
GPS: 4007 White Gravel McDaniel Road, Minford, OH.
Mailing address: PO Box 274 Minford, OH 45653
Ohio's newest holiday tradition is about to come alive for our 4th season at the White Gravel Mines in Minford, OH. The Christmas Cave is a self-guided light diplay presented uniquely in the beautiful and mysterious passageways of an underground mine where almost 33,000 people visited last year.
Our museum-quality displays depict the historical moments surrounding the birth of the Savior. Start a new family tradition and enjoy this free event featuring thousands of twinkling lights, the sounds of Christmas, and exhibit narratives that will open your eyes to the greatest story ever told.
*We have TONS of parking, so no waiting to park your car!*
16 Biblical Scenes underground
3 Nativity Exhibits
2 Traditional Tunnels of Lights
New Outdoor Displays
Thousands of Lights
Photo Hot Spots
4 Glorious Parking Lots!
Commemorative Items: Ornaments and more!
🎄FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS🎄:
1. ADMISSION: Admission to The Christmas Cave is free! We do recommend a $1 donation per person. You'd be amazed at what we can improve with $1! No one will ever be turned away.
2. HOURS: We are open every Friday and Saturday between November 22 to December 21 from 4-10pm. The Mine gate will open starting at 4pm with the gates closing at 10pm. Anyone inside at the time of the gates close may stay to explore the exhibits freely. Actual dates of service: November 22, 23, 29, 30, December 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21 for 2019.
3. INSIDE ACCESSIBILITY: Read to the end of this area! We use low-lighting and colorful shadowing for dramatic effect. This is a walking tour through the tunnel passageways for well over 30 minutes. The terrain inside is both firm and sometimes very slushy gravel. There are benches throughout for guests that need a break. This NOT handicap accessible. We have had guests use crutches and walkers, but wheelchairs cannot go through due to the slushy gravel. Also, children can be pushed in stable strollers with good wheels, but not the lightweight "umbrella" stroller. **Only an all-terrain wheelchair can manage the hill up to the mine and tackle the slushy gravel inside. ***We will have special Handicap Days/Times where our staff will drive people with low mobility throughout The Christmas Cave.
4. OUTSIDE ACCESSIBILITY: There are several different hills to walk up to the entrance of the Mine. There are people with conditions that still need assisstance up and down the hill regardless, so a driver will be reserved to drive these people with special needs up and down the hill all evening. Just ask our parking attendants.
5. PETS: No pets are allowed. There are great reasons why 1.) Being a mine of gravel, it could appear to your pet that it's one giant kitty box. No thanks. 2.) We will not be held responsible if there was a pet attack on our guests or another pet. 3.) Also, your pet could pick up an old scent from a critter which refers you back to #1. This is a pet free zone.
6. RESERVATIONS: Reservations are not needed. When the doors are open, you may explore the scenes at your pace. Coming earlier is also great advice. 6-8pm are peak hours. You may call 740-820-6162 to leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as we can.
7. AGE LIMIT: The story of Christmas is for all ages! Sharing stories, memories and educating each other is encouraged. Generational conversation is our favorite sight as the young spark the excitement of the season, while the experienced explain the stories around them unite.
8. EVENT STYLE: This is self-guided and a lot of walking. We greet you at the door and have staff throughout to help as needed, but you may visit at your own pace. The path is clearly marked and safe inside. Enjoy a slow-down together with family and friends as your life is reminded of what this season is all about.
A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!
White Gravel Mines reviews
This was an amazing experience! The staff were super accommodating and friendly. They go above and beyond to be sure that the people visiting have an enjoyable time. It is beautiful inside the... more »
This was our 2nd visit to the Christmas Cave-we had come to it two years ago. A lot had changed-but we were not disappointed. So worth the trip and such an inexpensive family trip too. Well done. I... more »
This was so beautiful and amazing. It was so cold outside but really warm in the cave. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it but I was way wrong. Just the cave was awesome but the beautiful scenes and scrolls to read were beyond what I'd imagined really a gorgeous and interesting outing with the family. Thanks to my sister in law for finding it for us to visit.
Love this place it's so Awesome.
Plan your trip to Minford
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Trips to White Gravel Mines by other users
32 days in Point Pleasant BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Point Pleasant River Museum Tu-Endie-Wei State Park U.S. Navy Poster Museum 4 days in Independence & Minford BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Independence Minford 4 days in Peebles BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Pike Lake State Park The Highlands Nature Sanctuary Paint Creek State Park 39 days in Chillicothe BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Paul A. Johnson Pencil Sharpener Museum Zipline Jet Pack Water Adventure 13 days in Point Pleasant BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Mothman Statue Tu-Endie-Wei State Park Point Pleasant River Museum 60 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Columbus Indianapolis Kansas City