While this is an open forum, it's also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and posts clean.A visit to Cave Run Lake represents just the start of the adventure when you use our Morehead trip maker app to plot your vacation.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Posts will be removed and users may be banned permanently if they violate any of the guidelines listed below.
• Do not post graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments. We also do not allow comments that are abusive, hateful, vindictive or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
• Do not post any solicitations (ex: asking users to "like" your Facebook page, visit your website, sign a petition).
• Do not post advertisements, prize contests or giveaways. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
• Do not post details about an ongoing investigation or legal or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the processes or could interfere with an individual's rights will be deleted from this page.
• Apparent spamming or trolling will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from the page without notice.
• Do not post copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery posted on the Facebook wall should be owned by the user.
• Do not post comments, photos or videos that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• Do not post political propaganda.
• Do not post documents of any kind.
• All information posted to social media sites will be unclassified. No FOUO (for official use only), or classified information should ever be posted.
Also, the appearance of external links or the use of third-party applications on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Louisville District, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army or Department of Defense.
This page is administered by the Cave Run Lake U.S Army Corps of Engineers staff and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Louisville District Public Affairs Office.
For more information, visit the DoD Social Media user agreement at:
Cave Run Lake reviews
Great lake for all activities. Its very clean and in areas without a lot of boat traffic, its crystal clear. The beach within Zilpo campground and the boat launch at this location were nice. We... more »
Had a wonderful camping experience at Cave Run Lake Twin Knobs campground! Highly recommend camping here! J14 and J9 site is an awesome double sight with lake view! more »
Plan your trip to Morehead
Get a personalized planA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Morehead
Duration: 1h 30 min
Plans to Cave Run Lake by other users
15 days in Kentucky BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES October, popular sights Preferences: October Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 3 days in Morehead BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, popular sights Preferences: September Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 13 days in Northern Kentucky River Region BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, teens, popular & hidden gems Preferences: August, teens Attraction style: Popular & hidden gems Pace: Medium 29 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, popular sights Preferences: August Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 3 days in Slade BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, popular sights Preferences: July Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 60 days in Kentucky BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, kids, extra fast, popular & hidden gems Preferences: July, kids Attraction style: Popular & hidden gems Pace: Extra fast