NUMBERS TO KNOW:To visit Mt Shasta Ski Park on your trip to Mount Shasta, use our Mount Shasta day trip tool.
Snow Phone: 530-926-8686
Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-SKI-SHASTA (Outside Shasta & Siskiyou counties)
The Activities Desk: 530-926-8610
Ski and Snowboard School:530-926-8610
Ski School Private Lesson Concierge: 530-926-8610 (Ext 8619)
– Although there are only 69 mountains over the 14,000- foot mark in the United States, Mt. Shasta is the most massive, boasting a 100 cubic miles of mass.
– Because there is a sulfur steam vent near the summit of Mt. Shasta, the mountain is considered a dormant, as opposed to an inactive, volcano.
– A Shasta- Trinity Forest wilderness ranger and Ski Park employee, Dan Towner, has the record for the most ascents of Mt. Shasta: He has climbed the mountain well over 140 times!
– The Guinness Book if World Records reports Mount Shasta received the most snowfall ever in a single snowstorm: 189 inches (15 ¾ feet) February 13th to the 19th, 1959.
– The youngest person to successfully climb Mount Shasta was a five-year-old girl in the 1960’s and in the 1980’s an 86-year-old man climbed to the top.
– Built in 1985 MT. SHASTA SKI PARK is the newest winter resort in California and one of the newest in the entire United States.
Mt Shasta Ski Park reviews
I took my son for a few days of skiing over President's Week - he had never been skiing before and it had been 15+ year for me. This is a small but great ski park - super friendly staff, minimal... more »
Our kid had a week off for Presidents’ Day—thank you white guys for a few good things. We usually drive forever to “fancier” mountains, or at least places with thick snow, but we gambled and tried... more »
We come up to visit family and friends quite regularly, and besides the many beautiful places to visit during the summer.. this place does not disappoint for the winter activities. This place is small and reasonably priced.. (Holiday week & weekend will change the price) The runs are fun and the views are beautiful. Disclaimer: I would recommend renting gear before you come up.. you will waste half your day.. Good for beginners and advanced skiers & snowboarders. They have a small place at the top to get food, which is cool to take a break from the crowd below. At the base, you can have them watch your snowboard for a dollar, while you get beer and some grub. If you can grab a spot at the fire, than you will be set. Bring Chains and have fun!!!
Inexpensive resort without any frills. Good mix of easy to advanced runs. Great views on Mount Shasta and mountain ranges around. The black runs here are more like steep blues elsewhere. Ski school can't be reserved in advance and was sold out when we arrived at 10:30 for a1:00 class, which was a bummer. No parent swap tickets, the sales rep hadn't even heard of the concept.
Plan your trip to Mount Shasta
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Mount Shasta
Trips to Mt Shasta Ski Park by other users
7 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM NEW ZEALAND Shasta-Trinity National Forest Soul Connections Pacific Crest Trail 15 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Shasta-Trinity National Forest Mount Shasta City Park Soul Connections 10 days in Dunsmuir BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Dunsmuir Botanical Gardens Hedge Creek Falls Mossbrae Falls 5 days in Redding, Trinity Center & Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Redding Trinity Center Mount Shasta 6 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Mount Shasta City Park Mount Shasta Mt Shasta Ski Park 8 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Mt Shasta Ski Park Mount Shasta Living Memorial Sculpture