NUMBERS TO KNOW:To visit Mt Shasta Ski Park on your trip to Mount Shasta, use our Mount Shasta day trip tool.
Snow Phone: 530-926-8686
Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-SKI-SHASTA (Outside Shasta & Siskiyou counties)
The Activities Desk: 530-926-8610
Ski and Snowboard School:530-926-8610
Ski School Private Lesson Concierge: 530-926-8610 (Ext 8619)
– Although there are only 69 mountains over the 14,000- foot mark in the United States, Mt. Shasta is the most massive, boasting a 100 cubic miles of mass.
– Because there is a sulfur steam vent near the summit of Mt. Shasta, the mountain is considered a dormant, as opposed to an inactive, volcano.
– A Shasta- Trinity Forest wilderness ranger and Ski Park employee, Dan Towner, has the record for the most ascents of Mt. Shasta: He has climbed the mountain well over 140 times!
– The Guinness Book if World Records reports Mount Shasta received the most snowfall ever in a single snowstorm: 189 inches (15 ¾ feet) February 13th to the 19th, 1959.
– The youngest person to successfully climb Mount Shasta was a five-year-old girl in the 1960’s and in the 1980’s an 86-year-old man climbed to the top.
– Built in 1985 MT. SHASTA SKI PARK is the newest winter resort in California and one of the newest in the entire United States.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Mt Shasta Ski Park reviews
I felt definitely a local feel to this place. The prices are way better than Tahoe and it was really family oriented. My kids learned to love to ski this weekend here. Admittedly it isn't Heavenly..... more
I felt definitely a local feel to this place. The prices are way better than Tahoe and it was really family oriented. My kids learned to love to ski this weekend here. Admittedly it isn't Heavenly..... more »
I took my son for a few days of skiing over President's Week - he had never been skiing before and it had been 15+ year for me. This is a small but great ski park - super friendly staff, minimal...
I took my son for a few days of skiing over President's Week - he had never been skiing before and it had been 15+ year for me. This is a small but great ski park - super friendly staff, minimal... more »
It was a nice park. The rental department was great 8 out of our group rented equipment the staff were all friendly and got us in and out pretty quickly. It was my sons first time snowboarding. He tried it on his own in the morning but we decided to get a lesson in the afternoon the manager in guest services was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. We were a group of family & friends for a total of 10 of us and 7 out of the group took lessons and everyone really enjoyed their instructors and felt like they learned a lot and their instructors were knowledgeable and friendly. The park was clean with a few different levels of runs. Not a lot of snow but it did snow a little the night before and that morning so there was a little powder. There were bathrooms outside and in the lodge they were clean and easy to find. There are small lockers in the lodge you can store small items for .50 cents but need quarters only and you will need .50 cents each time you get in your locker. The change machine was out of order while we were there and I had to go back to guest services for quarters but they were nice as well. Plenty of seating inside the lodge it was nice and warm with multiple big windows to watch what was going on in the park there was also a bar connected with a fire place and quite a few tables outside. We brought our own lunch and snacks we didn’t use any of the food services. Overall it was a great day and we would go back next season.
Love this mountain. Clean runs. Short lines. Gonna be teaching my son how to ride here this season! I'm reposting because this mountain is so wonderful. So relaxing! Just wonderful vibes
Plan your trip to Mount Shasta
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Mount Shasta
Trips in Mt Shasta Ski Park by other users
4 days in Dunsmuir & Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Dunsmuir Mount Shasta 2 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Mt Shasta Ski Park Mount Shasta Mount Shasta City Park 5 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Mount Shasta 3 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Shasta-Trinity National Forest Siskiyou County Museum Franco American Hotel 3 days in Lassen Volcanic National Park & Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lassen Volcanic National Park Mount Shasta 3 days in Mount Shasta BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lava Beds National Monument Hedge Creek Falls McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park