The Bayou Bar, where the New Orleans Saints football franchise was christened in 1966, offers a casual tavern-style ambiance warmed by exposed wood. Once a drinking den for both Sinatra and Capote, The Bayou Bar features an extensive whiskey and beer list.It couldn't be easier to arrange your visit to Bayou Bar and many more New Orleans attractions: make an itinerary online using Inspirock's New Orleans online itinerary planner .
Our Facebook Page Policy:
Our Facebook page is a place to communicate on topics related to our restaurant(s). It is our home on Facebook, and while we value an open exchange of ideas, we do maintain a few guidelines to make sure that we are able to assist people with questions and issues related to our restaurant(s) quickly and efficiently.
We reserve the right to delete or mark as spam any and all comments that are not topical, are abusive, or repetitive. We also have the right to block access to any one from posting to this Facebook Page.
· While this is an open forum, it’s also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. If you don’t comply, your message will be removed.
· We will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing images and/or language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
· We will not allow comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
· We will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
· We will not allow comments that promote or advertise a person or a business or commercial transaction.
· We will not allow the same content to be posted multiple times. Any subsequent posting of substantially identical information will be deleted, and the person posting it may be banned.
· We will not allow comments that promote or oppose any political cause, advocacy, or campaign. This is a business page, and any such posts will be deleted, and the person posting it may be banned.
· We will not allow comments or posts that disclose personal information.
· You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of the restaurant.
Any information posted here is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation or disclosure to third parties.
Bayou Bar Reviews
Stopped in twice during the week. Located in the lobby of the Hotel Pontchartrain. Service was good. Food was good. Live entertainment. Limited wine list. more »
Stopped in for a drink to get out of the rain. It was quiet in the bar but the bartender was very talkative and made a good Gin Bloody Mary for us. more »
Fine southern dining at its best. Delicious food, impeccable service, great ambiance, beautiful architecture.
Just stopped by to have a quick drink. And get out the rain. Our bartender Rachel was AMAZING. Super sweet and makes one Hella good old fashion. Thank you for awesome hospitality.
Plan your trip to New Orleans
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all >
View all >
Hidden gems in New Orleans
Side trips from New Orleans
View all >
Nearby attractions in New Orleans
Plans in New Orleans by other users
60 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM March, popular sights PREFERENCES: March ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 4 days in New Orleans Area BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, historic sites, museums, popular sights PREFERENCES: November, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 15 days in Orlando, Florida Keys & New Orleans BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM December, popular sights PREFERENCES: December ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 15 days in Orlando, Florida Keys & New Orleans BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM December, popular sights PREFERENCES: December ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 18 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM December, popular sights PREFERENCES: December ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 15 days in Orlando, New Orleans & Las Vegas BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM December, culture, historic sites, museums, popular sights PREFERENCES: December, culture, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium