Matt Heron Fly Fishing is an all-inclusive fly fishing school and outfitter located just minutes from Lake Tahoe. The home base for Matt's school is at the 5 star, 4 diamond, Resort at Squaw Creek, California's number one all season resort.Before you visit Olympic Valley, use our trip planner to discover what you can do and see there.
Matt's program highlights include...
- A wide selection of daily classes for all ability levels.
- Two private, stocked ponds with beautiful rainbow trout.
- The Fly Fishing Discovery Center, Tahoe's only fly fishing education facility.
- The most amazing outdoor classroom in the world, with 360 degree views of Squaw Valley, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics.
- Full and half day guide trips, on the Truckee and Little Truckee Rivers, along with two private water options.
- On The Water Clinics, focusing on every aspect of still, and moving water fly fishing techniques.
- Creek Creatures; A one of a kind interactive kids education program.
- International hosted travel; ask about this year's trip to Belize!
- A full line up of loaner and rental gear for the DIY angler visiting Tahoe.
- All classes and trips are catch and release, using single barbless hooks.
Matt's program is one of the most sought after fly fishing schools in the country, having taught over 3,500 students from all over the world.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Matt Heron Fly Fishing reviews
John was an excellent guide and very patient teaching me how to fly fish for the first time. We had an incredible time!! Would highly recommend.
John was an excellent guide and very patient teaching me how to fly fish for the first time. We had an incredible time!! Would highly recommend. more »
Great day on the water with guide Dan! Great teacher who put new fly anglers on fish with great and very patient instruction. Highly recommend these guys in the Tahoe area!
Great day on the water with guide Dan! Great teacher who put new fly anglers on fish with great and very patient instruction. Highly recommend these guys in the Tahoe area! more »
We had an amazing trip with Matt and Dan! Seriously incredible! We caught tons of big fish, including my wife who got her first ever trout on a fly- She brought in an 18 inch bow! I’d give it ten stars if I could. Whether you are advanced or brand new, Matt Heron knows how to give you an incredible experience.
I am a family adventure documentary photographer and I worked with Matt Heron a few weeks ago. I have a background in outdoor guiding as well as fly fishing. Matt is the real deal. Yes, he's a great fisherman. But more importantly he provides an incredible experience from start to finish. He and Chris (the other guide with us) showed a professionalism and kindness towards the customer that is rare. I would choose Matt Heron Fly Fishing every day of the week.
Plan your trip to Olympic Valley
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Olympic Valley
Side trips from Olympic Valley
Nearby attractions in Olympic Valley
Hidden gems in Olympic Valley
Winter Sports in Olympic Valley
Trips in Matt Heron Fly Fishing by other users
7 days in Lake Tahoe Area BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES South Lake Tahoe Truckee 3 days in Lake Tahoe (California) BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Truckee South Lake Tahoe 16 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Los Angeles San Jose Olympic Valley 9 days in South Lake Tahoe BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Bodie State Historic Park Vikingsholm Hiking Trail Vikingsholm 29 days in California BY A USER FROM QATAR Los Angeles San Diego South Lake Tahoe 60 days in California BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Anaheim Beverly Hills San Francisco