1. To be a dynamic, spiritual organism empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with as many people as possible in our church, community, and throughout the world.To visit Maranatha Baptist Church on your trip to Plains, use our Plains itinerary maker.
2. To be a worshiping fellowship, experiencing an awareness of God recognizing His person, and responding in obedience to His leadership.
3. To experience an increasingly meaningful fellowship with God and fellow believers.
4. To help people experience a growing knowledge of God and His creation.
5. To be a church which ministers unselfishly to persons in the community and the world in Jesus’ name.
6. To be a church whose purpose is to be Christlike in our daily living by emphasizing total commitment of life, personality, and possessions to the lordship of Christ.
Maranatha Baptist Church reviews
after we do pictures we meet for lunch at the local cafe along main street in downtown and then come back to the house for a cup of tea more »
The cathedral is open to the public until 6pm. There is no charge to just go in and look around, take pictures, please do not use flash . Just a beautiful place to sit and pray. more »
Incredible experience with President Carter last week. HIGHLY ADVISE SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE PARKING LOT if you want to get seats in the sanctuary. We arrived at 3:30 AM and were the last to get in- group number 80. Not much sleep but oh so worth it. Absolutely wonderful congregation, they made everyone feel so welcome. Once in a lifetime chance!
Wonderful service former President Carter’s niece taught Sunday school today. Pastor Lowden spoke on the topic “Why me Lord”? He reached down with points that covered each and everyone in the congregation today. The church members are very warm and friendly people. It’s a shame we live so far away. It would be a great congregation to call home. Traveling from New Jersey.
Plan your trip to Plains
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Plains
Trips to Maranatha Baptist Church by other users
60 days in Georgia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Jekyll Island Saint Simons Island Savannah 60 days in Georgia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Blue Ridge Helen Athens 8 days in Plains & Northwest Ohio BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Plains Toledo Put in Bay 53 days in Georgia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Atlanta Jekyll Island Saint Simons Island 30 days in Columbus BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Oxbow Meadows Environmental Learning Center National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center The Gertrude MA Rainey House & Blues Museum 30 days in Georgia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lookout Mountain Blue Ridge Helen