Marshlands Conservancy is a 147-acre wildlife sanctuary composed of diverse habitats. Forest, meadow, salt marsh and shore can be explored and appreciated here. There are three miles of trails and one-half mile of shoreline along the Long Island Sound.Planning Rye trip won't be overwheling when you use's Insprock itinerary maker.
Located along the Atlantic migratory flyway, Marshlands is an excellent birdwatching location. More than 230 species have been sighted. The Marshlands salt marsh is one of few in New York accessible to the public for study and enjoyment.
Please assist us by being respectful of park habitat, wildlife, and other visitors by following these simple rules:
• All plants and minerals provide food and shelter for wildlife and may not be collected during any season.
• All wildlife is protected by law and may not be trapped, hunted or collected.
• Activities that disturb the peace and interfere with people's abilities to observe wildlife are not permitted. Please enjoy your visit quietly.
• No food or drink is allowed beyond the picnic areas. There are no facilities for large picnics.
• Swimming, fishing, and boat docking are not permitted. Please enjoy your visit quietly.
• Visitors are asked to stay on the trails, particularly during the nesting season (May through August). Some areas may be blocked off temporarily for nesting reasons or trail recovery.
• No dogs allowed.
Marshlands Conservancy reviews
Cool hiking well marked hiking trails for bird watching and general exploring. Few white tail deer and wild turkeys are in attendance. You are surrounded by the sound and good views of the water... more »
The area is against the Sound so its surrounded by water. It's good for the Fall season. There was a guide giving bird watching instructions to a group. The paths are well defined and there were... more »
This is a perfect place for a short hike. All the paths are flat. Pretty views !
The conservancy was a nice place to visit for an easy to moderate Sunday afternoon hike. Some of the trails were overgrown or flooded but that added to the adventure! We spotted lots of wildlife including egrets, a white-tailed deer, and seven wild turkeys.
Plan your trip to Rye
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Rye
Trips to Marshlands Conservancy by other users
34 days in New York City BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA June, teens, kids, popular sights Preferences: June, teens, kids Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 33 days in New York City BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES October, popular sights Preferences: October Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 22 days in New York City BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, teens, kids, popular sights Preferences: September, teens, kids Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 22 days in New York City BY A USER FROM SLOVAKIA July, kids, popular sights Preferences: July, kids Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 60 days in Mahwah BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, popular sights Preferences: September Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 37 days in New York City BY A USER FROM BELGIUM June, teens, kids, popular sights Preferences: June, teens, kids Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium