* The Journey consists of 40 life size bronze statuesWork out when and for how long to visit Shrine of the Christ's Passion and other Saint John attractions using our handy Saint John trip itinerary builder tool .
* Each setting has a listening station featuring the voice of veteran broadcaster Bill Kurtis. Push the button to hear a description of the scene along with a meditation.
* Background music plays throughout your journey on 180 speakers
* The pathway is illuminated for early evening use
* The pathway will be open year round- weather permitting
* Over 1000 trees and bushes were planted on the site
* More than 3000 yards of stamped concrete were poured
* 80 semis of boulders were trucked in from central Wisconsin
* Ample parking for tour buses and cars
* Over 100 volunteers on staff.
* Site construction began in 2001
Shrine of the Christ's Passion Reviews
My daughter lives there and we have never gone. We took my 3 year old granddaughter with. It is beautiful and such a great idea. We went when they first opened. It was a beautiful walk that I would de... more »
What a great experience. I was very moved by my experience as I took some contemplative time at each station. The gift shop was incredible as well! more »
What a nice stop on the road. This is a shrine of Mary, which we did not expect. The passion story was really cool, but many differences from the Bible account including added characters. The Moses display was well-done, but does not use the Bible 10 commandments. The gift shop is so full of great finds. The staff were so very friendly. This was a place that would lead to some reflective thought and prayer. Nice walk outdoors.
When you begin to walk the path you can simply feel the energy. My boys and I got to experience over 20 bronze biblical sculptures with the works of add-on’s.Having to go through the gift shop first with a wonderful staff, made this experience even more enjoyable. I highly recommended as well as giving a donation, it’s well worth the experience plus more.
Plan your trip to Saint John
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Saint John
Plans to Shrine of the Christ's Passion by other users
15 days in Indiana BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM January, popular sights PREFERENCES: January ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 6 days in Indiana BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, popular sights PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Munster BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, popular sights PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 15 days in Indiana BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES April, fast-paced, popular sights PREFERENCES: April ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Fast-paced 14 days in Chicago BY A USER FROM SOUTH KOREA October, historic sites, museums, popular sights PREFERENCES: October, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 4 days in Lowell & Flagstaff BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES October, culture, romantic, shopping, hidden gems PREFERENCES: October, culture, romantic, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium