* The Journey consists of 40 life size bronze statuesWork out when and for how long to visit Shrine of the Christ's Passion and other Saint John attractions using our handy Saint John trip itinerary builder tool.
* Each setting has a listening station featuring the voice of veteran broadcaster Bill Kurtis. Push the button to hear a description of the scene along with a meditation.
* Background music plays throughout your journey on 180 speakers
* The pathway is illuminated for early evening use
* The pathway will be open year round- weather permitting
* Over 1000 trees and bushes were planted on the site
* More than 3000 yards of stamped concrete were poured
* 80 semis of boulders were trucked in from central Wisconsin
* Ample parking for tour buses and cars
* Over 100 volunteers on staff.
* Site construction began in 2001
Shrine of the Christ's Passion reviews
I would highly recommend taking a ride and visiting the Shrine. If you are in for a walk this one can't be beat. It is a lovely setting all the way around. The gift shop is wonderful. more »
While visiting friends in nearby Crown Point, IN, we traveled to the Shrine of the Christ's Passion. We never expected the deeply spiritual impact of this glimpse into the last days of Christ on... more »
What a nice stop on the road. This is a shrine of Mary, which we did not expect. The passion story was really cool, but many differences from the Bible account including added characters. The Moses display was well-done, but does not use the Bible 10 commandments. The gift shop is so full of great finds. The staff were so very friendly. This was a place that would lead to some reflective thought and prayer. Nice walk outdoors.
When you begin to walk the path you can simply feel the energy. My boys and I got to experience over 20 bronze biblical sculptures with the works of add-on’s.Having to go through the gift shop first with a wonderful staff, made this experience even more enjoyable. I highly recommended as well as giving a donation, it’s well worth the experience plus more.
Plan your trip to Saint John
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Trips to Shrine of the Christ's Passion by other users
1 day in Crown Point BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Lake County Sheriff's House & Jail The John Dillinger Museum Lake County Historical Museum 36 days in Chicago BY A USER FROM BANGLADESH BP Pedestrian Bridge Millennium Park Lakefront Trail 59 days in Grand Canyon National Park & Chicago BY A USER FROM INDIA Grand Canyon National Park Chicago 27 days in Joliet BY A USER FROM SAUDI ARABIA St. Joseph Catholic Church Joliet Iron Works Historic Site Joliet Prison 6 days in Indiana BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Indianapolis South Bend Hammond 34 days in Indiana BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Bloomington Evansville Terre Haute