Trip Planner: USA / Missouri / Springfield / Dickerson Park Zoo
Dickerson Park Zoo connected people with animals to create adventures that encourage discovery and conservation action. Our posts on Facebook give our followers a behind-the-scenes look, news updates and provide content shared from like-minded organizations.Make Dickerson Park Zoo a part of your Springfield vacation plans using our Springfield trip planning tool.
If you would post to our Facebook page, we ask that you please follow these rules.
• Keep your comments family- and kid-friendly. Comments with profanity or other offensive language will be deleted.
• We appreciate your questions and comments, especially if your zoo experience is what you expected. However, please be respectful of us and our followers. We reserve the right to remove comments and block users who are malicious, destructive or disrespectful.
• We attempt to answer questions and respond to other comments in a timely manner through replies and direct messages. However, we may be very busy at the park (on a weekend or at an event, for example), or taking care of our personal obligations. Be patient with us and know we will respond as quickly as possible. Many answers to common questions (hours, fees, etc.) can also be found our website, www.dickersonparkzoo.org.
The staffs of Dickerson Park Zoo and Friends of the Zoo, our colleagues at the Springfield-Greene County Parks Department and AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums throughout North America appreciate your particiaption in our Facebook page. We encourage you to share your experiences (good and not so good), photos, questions and comments.
However, Dickerson Park Zoo and Friends of the Zoo do not permit these types of posts on our page. (We reserve the right to remove any posts that violate these rules or that we deem as inappropriate for our Facebook page.)
• Spam or unsolicited advertisements or posts promoting pages not related to Dickerson Park Zoo, or Dickerson Park Zoo events or programs.
• Programs and events not officially sponsored by or affiliated with Dickerson Park Zoo
• Endorsements of specific brand name products or services for advertising or marketing purposes.
• False, misleading or deceptive sponsorships/advertisements
• Information affiliated with or promoting political campaigns (other than Toledo Zoo campaigns)
• Solicitations for donations, except for official Dickerson Park Zoo-sponsored activities
• Posts promoting cruelty to animals.
• Posts that include profane or adult language or information that is obscene, foul, vulgar, slanderous or derogatory, or that contains nudity or pornography.
• Posts expressing hostility or violence toward humans or animals.
• Posts expressing hate language, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, firearms or other weapons or similar information and/or illegal activity.
• Attacks or illegal discrimination on any group or person based on ethnic, racial, religious, sexual orientation or disability.
• Links to unwanted or potentially dangerous websites that may include viruses or other unrelated sites.
• Information, comments or posts that are harmful to children or is of nature to frighten children, either emotionally or physically.
• Posts with sexual, obscene, indecent or explicit messages, messages with sexual innuendos or overtones
• Posts promoting or linking to online casino gaming, gambling or betting.
Dickerson Park Zoo reviews
It was a nice zoo. We did really enjoy getting to see the elephants and feeding the giraffes. So, if you're in the area and you like zoos, I can recommend going......But whatever you do, DON'T ride.... more
It was a nice zoo. We did really enjoy getting to see the elephants and feeding the giraffes. So, if you're in the area and you like zoos, I can recommend going......But whatever you do, DON'T ride.... more »
It was a lot of fun, I hadn't been to the zoo in ages and decided to go. They give you a map at the entrance and you can follow your own tour, or you can follow the tour signs which will lead you around the world exhibits. I chose the latter and had a wonderful time. The kids were laughing and playing, they have little water park stops so the kids can run through the sprinklers. There is a petting zoo as well as a place where you can feed the giraffes. Overall it was a great experience and I am excited to go back soon.
I went with my daughter's school for an honor roll field trip. It was so much fun and all the kids loved it. I'm pregnant so one thing I was really happy about was all the convenient bathrooms they had along the paths. Great food too, my daughter and I shared a huge pretzel with cheese before we had to move on to the next exhibit. The free roaming peacocks are really amazing to see in person.
Plan your trip to Springfield
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.Know more
Popular things to do in Springfield
Side trips from Springfield
Museums in Springfield
Hidden gems in Springfield
Kid-friendly things to do in Springfield
Trips in Dickerson Park Zoo by other users
24 days in Springfield & Kansas City BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Springfield Kansas City 21 days in United States BY A USER FROM SERBIA Peoria Saint Louis Springfield 21 days in United States BY A USER FROM GERMANY Peoria Saint Louis Springfield 23 days in United States BY A USER FROM THE NETHERLANDS Chicago Springfield Saint Louis 22 days in Houston, Dallas & Missouri BY A USER FROM INDIA Houston Dallas Branson 1 day in Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Dickerson Park Zoo Mikes Unique, Collectable & Antique Flea Market Room Escape Games