Dickerson Park Zoo connected people with animals to create adventures that encourage discovery and conservation action. Our posts on Facebook give our followers a behind-the-scenes look, news updates and provide content shared from like-minded organizations.Make Dickerson Park Zoo a part of your Springfield vacation plans using our Springfield trip planning tool.
If you would post to our Facebook page, we ask that you please follow these rules.
• Keep your comments family- and kid-friendly. Comments with profanity or other offensive language will be deleted.
• We appreciate your questions and comments, especially if your zoo experience is what you expected. However, please be respectful of us and our followers. We reserve the right to remove comments and block users who are malicious, destructive or disrespectful.
• We attempt to answer questions and respond to other comments in a timely manner through replies and direct messages. However, we may be very busy at the park (on a weekend or at an event, for example), or taking care of our personal obligations. Be patient with us and know we will respond as quickly as possible. Many answers to common questions (hours, fees, etc.) can also be found our website, www.dickersonparkzoo.org.
The staffs of Dickerson Park Zoo and Friends of the Zoo, our colleagues at the Springfield-Greene County Parks Department and AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums throughout North America appreciate your particiaption in our Facebook page. We encourage you to share your experiences (good and not so good), photos, questions and comments.
However, Dickerson Park Zoo and Friends of the Zoo do not permit these types of posts on our page. (We reserve the right to remove any posts that violate these rules or that we deem as inappropriate for our Facebook page.)
• Spam or unsolicited advertisements or posts promoting pages not related to Dickerson Park Zoo, or Dickerson Park Zoo events or programs.
• Programs and events not officially sponsored by or affiliated with Dickerson Park Zoo
• Endorsements of specific brand name products or services for advertising or marketing purposes.
• False, misleading or deceptive sponsorships/advertisements
• Information affiliated with or promoting political campaigns (other than Toledo Zoo campaigns)
• Solicitations for donations, except for official Dickerson Park Zoo-sponsored activities
• Posts promoting cruelty to animals.
• Posts that include profane or adult language or information that is obscene, foul, vulgar, slanderous or derogatory, or that contains nudity or pornography.
• Posts expressing hostility or violence toward humans or animals.
• Posts expressing hate language, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, firearms or other weapons or similar information and/or illegal activity.
• Attacks or illegal discrimination on any group or person based on ethnic, racial, religious, sexual orientation or disability.
• Links to unwanted or potentially dangerous websites that may include viruses or other unrelated sites.
• Information, comments or posts that are harmful to children or is of nature to frighten children, either emotionally or physically.
• Posts with sexual, obscene, indecent or explicit messages, messages with sexual innuendos or overtones
• Posts promoting or linking to online casino gaming, gambling or betting.
Dickerson Park Zoo reviews
I've been several times. The animals are well cared for, enclosures are clean and appropriately sized. There is good information posted and it's easy to get around in. The otter exhibit is great! more »
Very clean with lots of animals to see , perfect way to spend the day with the family and kiddos!! Lots of great animals, with a nice park and playground just out the entrance to enjoy a nice picnic..... more »
Fair price for the park and all you get to see. With map and markers it was easy to navigate the whole park and see everything there is to offer. They have options for wheelchairs and strollers if needed too. The places where you can interact with some animals, (Giraffes, goats and llamas) were the most exciting. Otherwise most animals were passive/sleeping. If you have kids, and want to burn 1-2 hours, worth it. My girl loved seeing all the animals in person.
We went to Picnic in the Zoo and it was a great event. It's held after hours 5:30 - 8:30, special meetings with the animals and zookeepers. There were game stations all over the zoo, food trucks and silent auctions. Great items in the auction, especially from Wonders of Wildlife. Nice place to have fun for all ages. Stroller and handicap friendly. $5 entry for this special event and under 2 free.
Plan your trip to Springfield
Get a personalized planA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
See all ›©©©©
Duration: 4 hours
Duration: 1h 30 min
Duration: 2 hours
Duration: 2 hours
Side trips from Springfield
See all ›
See all ›
Hidden gems in Springfield
Plans to Dickerson Park Zoo by other users
4 days in Springfield & Denver BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, popular sights Preferences: September Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 2 days in Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, popular sights Preferences: August Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 3 days in Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, popular sights Preferences: September Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 14 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, popular sights Preferences: August Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 4 days in Ellensburg & Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, popular sights Preferences: August Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium 8 days in Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, popular sights Preferences: August Attraction style: Popular sights Pace: Medium