Dickerson Park Zoo connected people with animals to create adventures that encourage discovery and conservation action. Our posts on Facebook give our followers a behind-the-scenes look, news updates and provide content shared from like-minded organizations.Make Dickerson Park Zoo a part of your Springfield vacation plans using our Springfield trip planning tool .
If you would post to our Facebook page, we ask that you please follow these rules.
• Keep your comments family- and kid-friendly. Comments with profanity or other offensive language will be deleted.
• We appreciate your questions and comments, especially if your zoo experience is what you expected. However, please be respectful of us and our followers. We reserve the right to remove comments and block users who are malicious, destructive or disrespectful.
• We attempt to answer questions and respond to other comments in a timely manner through replies and direct messages. However, we may be very busy at the park (on a weekend or at an event, for example), or taking care of our personal obligations. Be patient with us and know we will respond as quickly as possible. Many answers to common questions (hours, fees, etc.) can also be found our website, www.dickersonparkzoo.org.
The staffs of Dickerson Park Zoo and Friends of the Zoo, our colleagues at the Springfield-Greene County Parks Department and AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums throughout North America appreciate your particiaption in our Facebook page. We encourage you to share your experiences (good and not so good), photos, questions and comments.
However, Dickerson Park Zoo and Friends of the Zoo do not permit these types of posts on our page. (We reserve the right to remove any posts that violate these rules or that we deem as inappropriate for our Facebook page.)
• Spam or unsolicited advertisements or posts promoting pages not related to Dickerson Park Zoo, or Dickerson Park Zoo events or programs.
• Programs and events not officially sponsored by or affiliated with Dickerson Park Zoo
• Endorsements of specific brand name products or services for advertising or marketing purposes.
• False, misleading or deceptive sponsorships/advertisements
• Information affiliated with or promoting political campaigns (other than Toledo Zoo campaigns)
• Solicitations for donations, except for official Dickerson Park Zoo-sponsored activities
• Posts promoting cruelty to animals.
• Posts that include profane or adult language or information that is obscene, foul, vulgar, slanderous or derogatory, or that contains nudity or pornography.
• Posts expressing hostility or violence toward humans or animals.
• Posts expressing hate language, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, firearms or other weapons or similar information and/or illegal activity.
• Attacks or illegal discrimination on any group or person based on ethnic, racial, religious, sexual orientation or disability.
• Links to unwanted or potentially dangerous websites that may include viruses or other unrelated sites.
• Information, comments or posts that are harmful to children or is of nature to frighten children, either emotionally or physically.
• Posts with sexual, obscene, indecent or explicit messages, messages with sexual innuendos or overtones
• Posts promoting or linking to online casino gaming, gambling or betting.
Dickerson Park Zoo Reviews
Our family was pleasantly surprised by how nice this zoo is and how easy it was to get around. Our 10 year old has a broken foot and had to ride in a motorized cart. She had no problems navigating and... more »
The zoo is very attractive and nicely laid out. Lots of trees helped keep it cool.The animals looked happy and were engaged in various activities. I loved the peacocks! It is a small zoo, but they hav... more »
I LOVED this zoo! This is the first time I have ever gotten to feed a Giraffe! And the scenery was beautiful and well maintained. One of the main issues I have with some Zoo locations is how hard it is to find out where you need to go at any given location. This one was pretty easy to navigate and just have fun walking around and seeing the animals. Just avoid the food if you don't like a price hike, like most Zoo areas.
We love our hometown zoo! Vast improvements have happened here since I was a child. Fewer animals, but well taken care of, which is good. We especially loved our tiger Rendez-zoo experience with Jackson the tiger keeper. The most recent visit we made was the zoo's Easter celebration, and most of the animals get a cool, different themed enrichment. Worth going to see!
Plan your trip to Springfield
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all >©©©
Duration: 1h 30min
Duration: 1h 30min
Duration: 2h 30min
Side trips from Springfield
Hidden gems in Springfield
Kid-friendly things to do in Springfield
Fun & Games in Springfield
Nearby attractions in Springfield
Plans to Dickerson Park Zoo by other users
18 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, popular sights PREFERENCES: September ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, popular sights PREFERENCES: September ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 13 days in Joplin BY A USER FROM ISRAEL July, popular sights PREFERENCES: July ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 29 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, popular sights PREFERENCES: August ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, teens, kids, popular sights PREFERENCES: September, teens, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 2 days in Springfield BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, popular sights PREFERENCES: August ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium