You have 1 trip in progress. See all
Trip Planner: USA / Mississippi / Vicksburg / Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi River Museum and Interpretive Center
While this is an open forum, it's also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Comments and posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed.
- We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
- For Official Use Only (FOUO), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should never be discussed here. Don’t post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories.
- The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Army, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or Department of Defense.
For more information visit the DoD Social Media User Agreement
Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi River Museum and Interpretive Center reviews
The Lower Mississippi River Museum is located in downtown Vicksburg near the Yazoo River. The museum is managed by the US Army Corps of Engineers. The history and development of the Mississippi...
The Lower Mississippi River Museum is located in downtown Vicksburg near the Yazoo River. The museum is managed by the US Army Corps of Engineers. The history and development of the Mississippi... more »
Growing up near the Mississippi up river this interested us. Going through the work boat was eye opening and fun. The rest of the museum had facts of the river, floods and why they work hard on...
Growing up near the Mississippi up river this interested us. Going through the work boat was eye opening and fun. The rest of the museum had facts of the river, floods and why they work hard on... more »
Very informative Museum, all about Mississippi river history & all that the area people went through from past to present. Staff was amazing. Also a place to pick up the Vicksburg city passport to collect a stamp for free tshirt at visitors center. A large boat on display to your as well. Great place to visit while downtown.
This center is free, so don't skip it. Start by watching the movie, which is short but interesting. There are interesting and informative displays about the Mississippi River - how it developed and how it's controlled and used by the Army Core of Engineers. Some of the displays are interactive, and there's a spot especially for children. The riverboat is accessible to walk through and imagine what life on the river was like. This museum is one of the places in downtown Vicksburg that's open on Sunday, although the hours are shorter than during the week. We're so glad we visited here! You can walk to the murals and see other riverfront sights from the museum.
Plan your trip to Vicksburg
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.Know more
Popular things to do in Vicksburg
Side trips from Vicksburg
Historic Sites in Vicksburg
Hidden gems in Vicksburg
Nearby attractions in Vicksburg
Trips in Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi River Museum and Interpretive Center by other users
3 days in Vicksburg BY A USER FROM THE NETHERLANDS Stanton Hall Longwood Natchez City Cemetery 20 days in Mississippi BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Tunica Tupelo Starkville 32 days in United States BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Los Angeles Memphis New York City 30 days in Mississippi BY A USER FROM FRANCE Jackson Natchez Hattiesburg 14 days in Mississippi Capitol/River BY A USER FROM GERMANY Vicksburg Natchez Brandon 15 days in Mississippi BY A USER FROM GERMANY Tupelo Hattiesburg Biloxi