Trip Planner: USA / Mississippi / Vicksburg / Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi River Museum and Interpretive Center
While this is an open forum, it's also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Comments and posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed.
- We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
- For Official Use Only (FOUO), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should never be discussed here. Don’t post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories.
- The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Army, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or Department of Defense.
For more information visit the DoD Social Media User Agreement
Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi River Museum and Interpretive Center reviews
Lots of exibits concerning the Corp of engineers and history of the Mississippi River. I'd give yourself at least an hour to see what they have. There is no charge for admission. A nice lady from... more »
This small museum covers the history of the river. The dioramas do a good job of explaining the various people that have used the river - from Native Americans to Spaniards, early settlers... more »
So much history presented really well. And we loved the boat! Would be great for school trips or a home school field trip.
We have visited this museum EVERY year for the last five years. It is full of history, and even with a four year old, the tour is very manageable on your own without a guided tour. Great place to visit.
Plan your trip to Vicksburg
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Vicksburg
Side trips from Vicksburg
Historic Sites in Vicksburg
Hidden gems in Vicksburg
Museums in Vicksburg
Trips to Jesse Brent Lower Mississippi River Museum and Interpretive Center by other users
19 days in Mississippi BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Jackson Starkville Tupelo 5 days in Mississippi BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Clarksdale Biloxi Natchez 30 days in Mississippi BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Tupelo Starkville Jackson 31 days in Jackson BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Old Courthouse The Church of the Holy Trinity Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum 8 days in Mississippi BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Tupelo Tunica Vicksburg 5 days in Jackson BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES St. Andrew's Cathedral Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Mississippi State Capitol