Cascade drive in, West Chicago
The Cascade Drive-In opened in 1961, and is one of the only remaining drive-in theaters in the Chicagoland area in operation. It is also the largest in Illinois with parking for over 1200 cars. New in 2013 is digital projection and an all new additional snack stand featuring Chicago style hot dogs and hand made tamales.To visit Cascade drive in on your trip to West Chicago, use our West Chicago holiday planning tool .
The Cascade screens double-features, and is open from April to December, seven nights a week in June, July & August and weekends in Spring & Fall.
Box-Office opens at 7:00 p.m.
Admission Price: Adults - $10.00
Children (ages 5 through 11) - $5.00
Children under 5 and pets are admitted free!
$15 PER CARLOAD SUNDAYS ONLY!
One low admission price for 2 features!
Credit cards accepted! $1.00 Service Fee!
ALL NEW! HEATED OUTDOOR PATIOS WITH SEATING AND STEREO SOUND!
1. ALL NEW!! STEREO RADIO SOUND 88.5 FM or use our convenient in-car speakers. Or we rent portable radios for $1.00 (Security Deposit Required)
2. We have a full service food concession.
3. Pets are welcome!
4. Ask for our frequent movie bonus card entitling a customer to a free carload admission after 6 visits!
5. We permit you to bring in food items but prohibit any food from Scooby's restaurant! *NO OUTSIDE FOOD PERMITTED FROM SCOOBY’S HOT DOGS!
*Refuses to adjust his bright parking lights that shine into our theater that interfere with patrons view of the movies!
6. All SUV's and Vans and trucks are required to park in rows 5 and back so patrons viewing movie in conventional autos will not have their view of the screen blocked! Absolutely no sitting on top of your vehicle. Hatches can be opened only if it does not block the view of another vehicle. Patrons can only occupy one space and must park close to the speaker pole. Sitting outside your vehicle is permitted only in front of your vehicle in your own space. All violators will be ejected without any refund!
7. We are the only Drive-In in the country that provides Bar B Q grills for our patrons in our picnic area so you can cook and enjoy your own food. We do not permit you to bring your own grill you must use ours. Grills are limited so arrive early! Use of grills after the movie starts is prohibited!
Cascade drive in Reviews
Sadly, Cascade Drive-In is no more. Their lease was not renewed and they will not reopen in 2019. Sorry if you never had the chance to enjoy a quintessential American experience - it was great! more »
I haven't been to Cascade in years but I remember it as a great place to go to see a flick during the summer. As a kid in the 70's it was a Friday night tradition to go to Cascade and Park in the back... more »
It's a perfect date night idea if you wanna have that nostalgic drive in move with ya boy or girl. It's almost an hour drive for me but it really is worth it to change things up for a date. The food is really good too. Important Note: BRING MOSQUITO SPRAY.
My visit here today was a sad one because they are closing their doors, since 1953, and selling off everything under their roof. We said goodbye to a timeless palace of family memories for us. We've been going there since 1994, and for the years 2000 and 2001 we were the first car in on the first day open. It was an institution, and now it's a memory. 😥 Addendum: Have heard that they will be having another sale day. Not sure yet when, or even what they will be selling. All I can say is that when I left the first sale, they had not knocked down the screen. (Now this is just one persons' assumption, due to the fact that I also own a piece of another previously torn down drive in movie theater's screen.) Just saying. 😉
Plan your trip to West Chicago
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in West Chicago
Plans in West Chicago by other users
3 days in West Chicago BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES June, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, historic sites, museums, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, historic sites, museums, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 4 days in West Chicago BY A USER FROM NORWAY June, culture, romantic, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, culture, romantic, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 16 days in West Chicago BY A USER FROM SWEDEN June, historic sites, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, historic sites ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 3 days in West Chicago BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES April, culture, museums, popular sights PREFERENCES: April, culture, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 9 days in West Chicago BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, popular sights PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 5 days in West Chicago BY A USER FROM BRAZIL March, relaxing, beaches, shopping, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: March, relaxing, beaches, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium