West Sayville trip planner
Create a fully customized
day-by-day itinerary for free
West Sayville is a hamlet in Suffolk County, New York, United States. It is also a census-designated place (CDP) and had a population of 5,011 at the 2010 census.GeographyWest Sayville is located on the South Shore of Long Island in the Town of Islip. Its coordinates are 40°43’54”N 73°6’18”W (40.731594, -73.099701). West Sayville’s coastline borders the Great South Bay.According to the U.S. Census Bureau, West Sayville has a total area of 5.45sqkm, of which 5.44sqkm is land and 0.02sqkm, or 0.31%, is water.West Sayville's ZIP code is 11796. The West Sayville Post Office is located at 12 Washington Avenue.Demographics of the CDPThe United States Census Bureau reported that during the 2010 census, the population of West Sayville was 5,011, with a population density of 2,386.2 per square mile. Of the total population, 2,407 (48.0%) were males and 2,604 (52.0%) were females.There were 1,771 households, 1,314 families and 606 families with children under the age of eighteen. In addition, there were a total of 2,124 housing units, of which 1,771 (83.4%) were occupied and 353 (16.6%) were unoccupied. Of the occupied housing units, 1,485 (83.9%) were owner-occupied units, and the remaining 286 (16.1%) were renter-occupied units.EducationWest Sayville is under the jurisdiction of the Sayville School District. The two schools within West Sayville are Sayville High School at 20 Brook Street, and Cherry Avenue Elementary School on 155 Cherry Avenue. Parts of West Sayville attend Connetquot School District.West Sayville is in Long Island. Add West Sayville and other United States destinations to your travel plans using our United States online trip maker .
Create a full itinerary — for free!
Plan your trip to West Sayville
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in West Sayville
Duration: 1h 30min
Places to visit with West Sayville
Recently planned trips to Long Island
43 days in Lakeland & Farmingdale BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, kids, popular sights PREFERENCES: July, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 1 day in Long Island BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, outdoors, historic sites, wildlife, hidden gems PREFERENCES: July, outdoors, historic sites, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 1 day in Montauk BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES June, kids, popular sights PREFERENCES: June, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 11 days in United States BY A USER FROM GREECE July, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, popular sights PREFERENCES: July, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 1 day in North Fork BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES June, popular sights PREFERENCES: June ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 17 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, popular sights PREFERENCES: July ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium